Thursday, 2 April 2020

Braathens Regional Airlines stops all flights

The Swedish regional carrier Braathens Regional Airlines -BRA  has announced that it would be halting all flights due to the falling demand for air travel as the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic continues to grow. 

“With the government’s and the Public Health Authority’s strong call for the Swedish population not to travel within the country, we have no customers left that fly with us and we therefore need to further adapt our traffic to the new conditions,” the airline confirmed and was cancelling all flights between April 6 and May 31.

Domestic routes cancelled from April 6 - May 31: 
  • Malmö - Stockholm Bromma 
  • Göteborg - Stockholm Bromma 
  • Visby - Stockholm Bromma 
  • Umeå - Stockholm Bromma 
  • Ängelholm/Helsingborg - Stockholm Bromma
  • Östersund - Stockholm Bromma
  • Östersund - Gothenburg 
  • len - Stockholm Bromma
  • Sälen - Malmö
  • Sälen - Ängelholm / Helsingborg

International routes cancelled from April 6 - May 31: 
  • Stockholm Bromma - Tallinn 
  • Stockholm Bromma - Riga 
  • Stockholm Bromma - Torp / Oslo 
  • Stockholm Bromma - Helsinki
  • Gothenburg - Berlin 
  • Gothenburg - Lyon 
  • Malmö  Berlin 
  • Växjö - Berlin 

Other domestic routes that are already cancelled until May 31: 

  • Stockholm Bromma - Ronneby
  • Stockholm Bromma - Kristianstad
  • Stockholm Bromma - Kalmar/Öland
  • Stockholm Bromma - Växjö
  • Stockholm Bromma - Halmstad
  • Stockholm Bromma - Trollhättan
  • Stockholm Bromma - Sundsvall
  • Visby - Gothenburg
  • Visby - Malmö
BRA flies a mixed fleet of around 19 aircraft comprised of 13 ATR72 -500/600, 5 Avro RJ100s, 4 Avro RJ85s and 4 Embraer E190s.  It also uses some Fokker 50s  which are owned and operated by the Swedish airline Amapola, a supplier to Braathens Regional Airlines. It has approx. 30% market share of the Swedish domestic aviation, in total and approx. 40% market share on the regional routes it operates on. During 2018 it managed a near 70% load factor and over 87% of flights departed on time or witin 15 minutes of the scheduled departure time. On average 2.2 million people fly with the little airline every year.



BRA's routes






Recommended for you...




No comments: