Friday, 20 July 2018

The next 20 years will see the need for 10,550 -150 seat aircraft

Boeing's Brazilian Embraer says there will be the need for 10,550 new 150 seat aircraft across the world during the next 20 years.

Embraer says in-service fleet is set to increase to 16,000 aircraft, up from the 9,000 aircraft currently in operation. Apparently, market growth will drive 65% of this demand, while the remaining 35% will replace ageing aircraft.



The manufacturer said region-specific outlooks vary considerably, efficiency and sustainability remain the underlying drivers of the estimated demand. 

Region
Deliveries
Share
Asia-Pacific
3,000
28%
North America
2,780
27%
Europe
2,240
21%
Latin America
1,140
11%
CIS
580
6%
Africa
450
4%
Middle East
360
3%
World (2018-2037)
10,550
100%

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Even though every facet of the industry has excelled over the past years, we are now warming up for the next period of higher costs, with pressures on yields likely to continue unabated. Profits are eroding and gains wiped out with rising costs", said John Slattery, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...