Thursday, 20 July 2017

Singapore Review Nuts Policy

An allergy scare involving a three-year-old toddler has prompted Singapore Airlines to review the serving of nuts on board its flights.

Marcus Daley suffered a severe allergic reaction after passengers around him opened their snack packets of peanuts.  He went into anaphylaxis, a potentially life-threatening condition which can be triggered by food including peanuts and shellfish.  He was travelling with his parents to Melbourne after a holiday in Thailand.


His father Chris Daley, a doctor specialising in respiratory issues, told the Australian Broadcast Corporation that his son received a special nut-free meal but quickly became severely ill when others were eating their nuts.

"He started vomiting, his eyes were starting to swell and he couldn't speak properly," Mr Daley said, adding that the family was less than an hour into their seven-hour flight home.

Thankfully, the Daleys had brought anti-allergy medication, which quickly brought the situation under control.

Our feed

Our feed